Modeled on the late 1960’s legend, the API 550A EQ provides reciprocal and repeatable equalization at 15 points in 5 steps of boost, divided into three overlapping ranges. Its high and low frequency ranges are individually selectable as either peaking or shelving, and a band-pass filter can be inserted independently of all other settings.
The 550B, with its renowned four overlapped EQ bands, is invaluable as both a problem solver and a sweetening device. With 7 switchable filter frequencies spanning up to 5 octaves per band, the 550B’s “Proportional Q” automatically widens the filter bandwidth at minimal settings and narrows it at higher settings. It even lets you undo previous processing, affect or even reverse tonal modifications.
What you get:
- Modeled vintage EQ plugins
- Developed in association with API
- API 550A: 5 selected frequency centers per band
- API 550A: Maximum 12 dB of boost/cut per band in 2-3 dB steps
- API 550A: “Proportional Q” narrows filter Q at extremes High headroom +30 dB clip level
- API 550B: 7 selected frequency centers
- API 550B: 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- API 550B: Bands 1 and 4 offer shelf/peak switching
- API 550B: High headroom +30 dB clip level