Sub frequencies are the backbone of modern music production. To really feel the music, you need beats, basslines and entire mixes to hit hard below the subsonic belt. Yet, many producers struggle to craft massive sub bass content that remains crystal-clear on large sound systems, without muddiness, artifacts or excess rumble. Submarine’s two sub generators process your source—kicks, bass, even full, busy mixdowns—and cleanly add new subharmonic frequencies up to a full TWO octaves below the precise frequency range you’ve selected.
Submarine’s innovative Organic ReSynthesis engine strips the original signal down to its core elements—carrier, pitch, formant, and envelope— processes them individually, and then reconstructs the audio to create brand new sub frequencies which retain the exact pitch and time of the original signal. The result is deep subharmonic content that is clean, musical, and naturally blends with your source. The plugin’s pinpoint-accurate RANGE slider lets you zero in on the exact frequencies from which you want to generate your sub sounds, anywhere between 20–240 Hz: Perfect for when you want to add subharmonics to a full mix, or to an old-school drum break sample—but only surgically to the kick, not to the snare or to other instruments.
Use the DRIVE control to saturate the added subs and easily glue them into the rest of the mix. Use the DYNAMICS knob to go from compressed short transient sounds to longer sustained sub notes. Submarine is a lifesaver when a low-end EQ boost won’t help (because your track lacks low frequencies to begin with), or where psychoacoustic bass enhancers like Renaissance Bass won’t be enough (because they work their magic on small speakers, not on big subwoofers).
Create body-thumping beats you can feel in your chest. Add a big bottom end to thin-sounding mixes. Craft explosive cinematic sound effects. Demolish the dancefloor with monstrous subby kicks. With Submarine you can dive as deep as you want, with better clarity throughout the low end.
What you get:
- Subharmonic generation plugin powered by Organic ReSynthesis technology
- Two subharmonic generators (Sub -1 and Sub -2) add subs ONE and TWO full octaves below the selected frequency range of your source
- High-precision frequency range slider (20–240 Hz) to target precise frequencies
- Drive saturation control to easily glue the added subs into the mix
- Dynamics control to go from heavily compressed sub transients to longer sustained sub notes
- Selectable Mono/Stereo control
- Dry/Wet control for parallel mixing
- Zero latency for real-time mixing; SoundGrid-compatible
- Presets by Grammy-winning producers & mix engineers