The original Clav has always held a special appeal in funk, fusion, rock and soul music for its unique melodic twang and sonic versatility, from brilliant, vibrant, nitty and gritty to soft, rich, mellow tones.
For this instrument, we meticulously sampled every texture, articulation and hammer tip string-striking mechanic of the authentic D6 Clavinet in both the muted and unmuted modes, recreating all the dynamic control, feel and expression of the original funkified icon.
Using only a few controls, you can achieve an array of deep sonic textures, capturing the distinctive timbre of the Clavi’s unique single-coil pickups. Choose from the selection of factory presets, featuring patches modeled after Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition,” Billy Preston’s “Outta Space” and other classic songs; or shape your own tones using the built-in auto-wah, amp overdrive and other effects.
What you get:
- Accurately sampled from the original D6 model Clavinet
- Built-in FX section including advanced auto-wah, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Full velocity response mix control with key up and mechanics features
- Customizable EQ section for further tone shaping
- Mute slider control for decayed staccato or mellow sustain
- Amp overdrive control with tube condenser and dynamic microphone selectors
- Global tune control; MIDI-assignable
- NKS-ready for NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine
- Can be used as a plugin or as a standalone instrument
- Powered by the Waves Sampler Engine (WSE)